Ways to help support people living with disabilities
There are many different ways to help us continue our core charitable purpose and improve the quality of life of people with a disability, and those who care for them. From community fundraising to donor functions, you can take the next step in helping people with a disability to regain and retain their independence within a supportive community.
What your donation can do for people with disabilities:
- deliver psychology and counselling to a young person who has a newly acquired spinal cord injury and is impacted by an uncertain future and at great risk of self-harm
- help us purchase a lifting machine so a mother with two young children who have disabilities can safely move them
- help us fund respite staff to step in so a full time carer can have a few hours break while their loved one with a disability is in hospital
- provide additional care hours so a person with a severe disability can shower daily
- enable a free of charge short holiday for someone with a severe disability who has not been away for more than 30 years and never seen the Great Ocean Road
- provide SpinChat sessions to at risk teenagers, through young people with a spinal cord injury visiting schools to deliver their own personal account of the need to minimise at risk behaviour
Ways you can help us support those living with a disability or other physical need:
Making a Will or bequest to a charity. A gift left in your Will can be beneficial to charities like Independence Australia so we are able to continue our work of supporting people living with a disability and their families. For more information on bequests, please follow the link.
Generosity of our community can help us to really make a difference in the lives of people living with a disabilty. Getting together with a group of friends, family or work colleagues and organising a Community Fundraising event can help make a real difference in peoples lives. Please follow the link for more information on Community Fundraising.
Support of the business community is vital in helping us to raise funds and make a difference in the lives of people living with a disability and their families. No matter the size of your business, your support either through direct donations, staff involvement, event participation or gifts could make a real difference. Please follow the link for more information on Corporate Support.
Independence Australia runs a number of small and large donor functions each year. Ranging from morning teas, movies, guest speakers, concerts and more. For more information on Donor Functions, please follow the link
Trusts and Foundations
Trusts and foundations can be very beneficial in helping us to support those living with a disability or other physical need and their families. For more information Trusts and Foundations please follow the link.