Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

RAP – DVA Funding

The Rehabilitation Appliances Program (RAP) is an Australian Government program administered by the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA), which provides eligible DVA clients with aids and appliances to be as independent and self-reliant as possible at home and in the community.

Independence Australia is a contracted supplier of continence aids under this program and can supply the full range nationally.

Who is eligible to receive DVA funding?

You are eligible if you are:

  • a Gold Card holder; or
  • a White Card holder (only for conditions accepted by DVA as related to service), including Commonwealth and other allied veterans who hold a White Card; and
  • assessed by a general practitioner (GP) or medical specialist as requiring an aid or appliance to meet a clinical health care need.

How to order if you are an eligible veteran

Your first order from Independence Australia requires a prescription form to be completed by a GP or medical specialist such as an continence nurse. Your health professional will complete a DVA RAP Direct Order Form and fax, post or email it to Independence Australia.

Once you are set up, re-ordering is easy. You can re-order the prescribed products directly from Independence Australia as clinically required. To submit your order, contact our Customer Service team via email or fax. You will need to revisit your health professional for a new prescription every two years or if your product needs change.

How to order if you are a prescriber

Continence products listed under the relevant item code in the DVA RAP National Schedule of Equipment, may be prescribed by healthcare professionals. These include continence nurse advisors, registered nurses, general practitioners, urologists and, for some items, physiotherapists and occupational therapists.

To place an order as a healthcare professional, please use either or both forms listed below:

Form 1 – Direct Order Form for Continence Products​

Form 2 – Direct Order Form – Non-nutritional Thickened Fluid Products


Prescribers: How to lodge an initial application

An initial prescription can be completed by submitting the two direct order forms listed above via fax or email or through the Independence Australia RAP portal.

1. Independence Australia’s RAP portal
The fastest and most convenient option. You can prescribe using Independence Australia’s RAP portal which is quick and easy, and offers some extra benefits to the more traditional forms of ordering:

  • ability to prescribe products at your convenience, 24 hours a day
  • stores all your RAP prescriptions centrally and securely
  • view your current and previous prescriptions quickly and easily
  • download RAP continence resources directly from the portal to your computer, tablet or mobile device

Click here to sign up or log in to the RAP portal.

2. RAP Prescription Pad and Direct Order Form

Please submit the completed Direct Order Forms to Independence Australia.

Email Independence Australia  Email [email protected]
Fax to Independence Australia  Fax 1300 788 811
Post to Independence Australia  Post to:

Independence Australia
Reply Paid 9910
(Please note no stamp is required)

3. How to Prescribe with Independence Australia

Subsequent orders

As the initial prescription is valid for up to two years, subsequent orders can be made by a prescriber, the entitled person or their nominated representative. Orders can be placed via:

Email Independence Australia Email [email protected]
Fax to Independence Australia
  Fax 1300 788 811

Or by prescribers using the RAP Prescriber Portal.

What products are available for DVA?

Click here to view or download Independence Australia’s RAP product catalogue.

If you require further information please contact Independence Australia for more information.

Email Independence Australia  Email [email protected]