Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Continence Aids Payment Scheme (CAPS)

Continence Aids Payment Scheme (CAPS) is an Australian Government program to provide a payment to eligible people to help with some of the costs of buying continence products.


You are eligible for CAPS assistance if you:

    • are 5 years or older
    • have permanent and severe bladder or bowel incontinence confirmed by a registered health professional*
    • are an Australian permanent resident or citizen for as long as you receive the payment
    • have any eligible neurological conditions or eligible other conditions.

If you have a non-neurological condition, you must also have a Pensioner Concession Card from the Australian Government or the Department of Veterans’ Affairs.

If you are already receiving funding for continence products from NDIS or other funding schemes, you may not be eligible for CAPS.

Who can assist with my application ?

Registered Health Professionals

The health professionals who can assist with your application and confirm your condition for CAPS funding include:

    • General practitioners
    • Continence nurses
    • Registered nurses
    • Physiotherapists
    • Occupational therapists
    • Aboriginal health workers
    • Medical specialists

Support Provided

The CAPS payment rate for 2023–24 is $676.50. You can choose one full payment in July, or two half payments in July and January each year.

Payments can be paid directly into your bank account, or you can nominate to have it paid directly to a continence management provider such as Independence Australia in the application form.

How to apply for Continence Aids Payment Scheme (CAPS) Funding ?

If you would like your CAPS payment(s) to be paid to and managed by Independence Australia on your behalf, please fill out this prefilled form. Ask your doctor or health professional to complete their part of the form and then email, fax, or post it back to Independence Australia.


Email : [email protected]
Fax – 1300 788 811
Free post – Independence Australia, Reply Paid 9910, Melbourne, VIC, 8060 (no stamp required)

If you would like to receive your CAPS payment(s) paid directly to you, please fill in this blank form from the Department of Health and Aged Care. Ask your doctor or health professional to complete their part of the form and submit your application.



You can apply online through your Medicare account on myGov or in the Express Plus Medicare mobile app.

Please note that even if you apply online, you will still need a registered health professional to complete the health report section using the paper form. You then need to upload this report to your online application through your Medicare online account.


How to Order

You have the freedom to purchase your continence products from any provider you choose.

If Independence Australia is managing your CAPS payment on your behalf, you can place an order via phone on 1300 788 855 or you can email your order to [email protected].

Or if you have received your CAPS payment(s), you can choose Independence Australia for your continence products and shop from here.

Many people choose Independence Australia as their supplier of choice as we have been helping men and women manage incontinence, discreetly and comfortably with the best in continence products for over 60 years.

Also not everything you need is available from your local shop. Don’t settle for what’s just on the shelf. You can get the right fit with sizes from XS to 3XL. Everyday continence products available in more sizes and fits for you or your loved ones:

    • Disposable adult pads
    • Reusable washable pants
    • Catheters and drainage accessories
    • Urinals and urinary drainage
    • Waterproof bedding, chair pads and absorbent mats