Continence Management and Support Scheme (CMASS)
Continence Management and Support Scheme (CMASS) is a product subsidy scheme to assist with meeting the cost of continence products. Independence Australia manages and operates this scheme on behalf of the Department of Communities.
You are eligible for CMASS assistance if you:
- are a permanent resident of Western Australia
- are 16 years of age or older
- have a defined chronic or intractable continence condition (lasting for six months or more)
- hold a Pensioner Concession Card or a Health Care Card
- are not in receipt of a Commonwealth Home Care Packages at Home (Level 1 to 4), or living in a Commonwealth funded high level residential care home
- are not eligible for continence appliances or continence financial assistance supplied through the Rehabilitation Appliances Program (RAP) administered by the Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- do not receive a compensation settlement where continence products are included
- are not in receipt of a National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) plan
Please note that people may receive the Federal Government Continence Aids Payment Scheme (CAPS) and the State Government CMASS subsidy at the same time.
A product subsidy of up to $490 is available per year.
The funding is administered by Independence Australia and is reallocated annually, after re-assessment on the Anniversary Date of the initial assessment.
How to Apply
Visit your GP to organise a referral to the Continence Management and Advice Service (CMAS) from SilverChain, the nursing service who delivers a continence management and advice service at clinics throughout Western Australia. Specialist nurses provide assessment and advice on how to best manage and improve your bladder or bowel condition.
The referral is available here.
Once a referral is received, SilverChain will evaluate your eligibility for the CMAS service and book you in for an assessment with a Continence Nurse. The assessment will be conducted either at your home or via phone depending on where you live.
How to order
Your CMASS funding can be used to purchase continence products prescribed to you by SilverChain, who will submit your order to Independence Australia.
Once Independence Australia receives your prescription from SilverChain, an initial order will be placed as per the referral request and delivered directly to your place of residence. As a client, once SilverChain has submitted an assessment, you can re-order at your convenience by calling Independence Australia on 1300 788 855.