MASS Funding Scheme
The Queensland Medical Aids Subsidy Scheme – MASS provides funding for medical aids and equipment to eligible residents who have permanent and stabilised condition or a disability. The scheme helps people to live at home and avoid early or inappropriate residential care or hospitalisation.
What products are available under the MASS Funding Scheme?
The following products are available through Independence Australia:
- disposable pads, nappies, pull-up style pants and all-in-one pants
- indwelling and disposable catheters
- catheter valves
- sheaths (latex and non-latex)
- leg and night drainage bags
- stretch pants (only supplied with non-adhesive shaped pads)
- medical air and gel cushions
- portable ramps
Who is eligible for the MASS Funding Scheme?
To apply for assistance under MASS, you must:
- be a permanent resident of Queensland
- have a permanent or stable condition or disability
- hold a pensioner concession card, health care card or Queensland Government Seniors Card
You need to be assessed by one of the following clinicians: Continence specialist registered nurse, Geriatrician, Occupational therapist, Paediatrician, Physiotherapist, Registered nurse, Urogynaecologist or a Urologist.
Lodging an application for the MASS Funding Scheme
Please note that MASS is making changes to how applications are completed effective 1 October 2022:
Applications for Continence Aids will only be available on MASS-eApply from 1 October 2022. The MASS50 PDF will be discontinued.
The Continence Aids Application (Initial and 3 yearly Reviews) are submitted by the prescriber online via MASSeApply. The online application enables prescriber and MASS client data to be auto-populated into an application.
Reapplying for the same aid
To reapply for the same type of continence aid (within 3 years), you will need to call MASS on 1300 443 570 and place an order. They will need to have the previous approval letter and know the type and brand name of the aid used.
Review applications are needed when the type of aid required is changed, or when it has been 3 years since their last application was reviewed. The initial application process will need to be repeated.
· Guide to Using MASS-eApply (PDF 775 kB) (includes instructions and FAQ)
For enquiries and technical assistance (e.g. password resets, locked account, error messages in form, etc.) contact [email protected]
Independence Australia has the following products available through MASS SOA.
- Click here to download Independence Australia’s MASS continence products range
- Click here to download Independence Australia’s MASS sample order form
- Click here to download the Invacare Portable Ramps brochure
- Click here to download the Equagel Pressure Cushion brochure
- Click here to download the Silver Star Ramps brochure