My Aged Care (Home Care Packages)
My Aged Care home care package (HCP) is a coordinated package of care and services to help you to live independently in your own home for as long as you can.
You can choose a service provider that is right for you. The government then pays your provider a subsidy to arrange a package of care services to meet your needs.
You are eligible for Home Care Package assistance if you are 65 years or older (50 years or older for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people) and if you have:
- noticed a change in what you can do or remember
- been diagnosed with a medical condition or reduced mobility
- experienced a change in family care arrangements
- experienced a recent fall or hospital admission
Eligibility is based on an aged care assessment conducted by an assessor who discusses your care needs and then determines the level of care you need.
You can check your eligibility with My Aged Care’s online eligibility checker.
There are 4 package levels available, and they are assigned to you based on your care needs. The current Government subsidy for each package level is:
|Level of care needs
|Basic care needs – $10,271.10 a year
|Low care needs – $18,063.85 a year
|Intermediate care needs – $39,310.50 a year
|High care needs – $59,593.00 a year
The subsidy covers a range of different services including:
- bathing, hygiene and grooming
- podiatry, physiotherapy, and other therapies
- meals and food preparation
- help with impairments or continence
- cleaning, laundry or other chores
- home or garden maintenance
- changes to your home
- aids to stay independent
- social outings, groups or visitors
HCP Biller Authority Deed
This Deed must be completed and submitted to Independence Australia by the Organisation responsible for paying the invoices.
This Deed will enable the Client (or their representative) to place orders.
How to Apply
You can apply for an assessment online here. or you can call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422.