CAPS Funding Scheme
The Continence Aids Payment Scheme (CAPS) is an Australian Government Scheme to financially assist eligible people who have permanent and severe incontinence to meet some of the costs of incontinence management products.
CAPS gives you greater choice and flexibility in how you purchase your products from a supplier of your choice.
Who is eligible for CAPS Funding?
An Australian permanent resident or citizen:
- 5 years or older
- have permanent and severe bladder or bowel incontinence confirmed by a registered health professional
- be an Australian permanent resident or citizen for as long as you get the payment
- have any eligible neurological conditions or eligible other conditions
If you have a non-neurological condition, you must also have a Pensioner Concession Card from the Australian Government or the Department of Veterans’ Affairs.
Who is a registered health professional?
The health professionals who can confirm help your condition for CAPS include:
- general practitioners
- continence nurses
- registered nurses
- occupational therapists
- Aboriginal health workers
- medical specialists
How much is the CAPS funding payment?
The CAPS payment rate for 2020–21 is $623.80 per person. You can choose one full payment in July, or two half payments in July and January each year.
Why choose Independence Australia for your CAPS funding?
For over 30 years, Independence Australia has been helping men and women manage incontinence, discreetly and comfortably with the best in incontinence products:
- Disposable adult pads
- Children’s nappies
- Reusable washable pants
- Catheters and drainage accessories
- Urinals and urinary drainage
- Waterproof bedding, chair pads and absorbent mats
Our promise to you is:
- FREE samples on selected adult disposable continence pads
- Exclusive product specials
- Discreet packaging for products upon request
- Over 8,000 continence products to choose from
- No minimum order required, purchase incontinence aids by the packet or carton
- Wide range of health resources and articles from leading professionals
How to apply for CAPS Funding:
Download the CAPS Application Guidelines and Application form
Download the CAPS Transfer and Authority to Direct Payment Form
Once the form is complete you can email, fax or post it back to us.
Email – [email protected]
Fax – 1300 788 811
Free post – Independence Australia, Reply Paid 9910, Melbourne, VIC, 8060 (no stamp required)