CAPS Funding Scheme
The Continence Aids Payment Scheme (CAPS) is an Australian Government Scheme to financially assist eligible people who have permanent and severe incontinence to meet some of the costs of incontinence management products.
CAPS gives you greater choice and flexibility in how you purchase your products from a supplier of your choice.
Click here if you would like to nominate Independence Australia as your CAPS supplier.
Who is eligible to receive CAPS?
An Australian citizen or a permanent Australian resident, aged 5 years or older experiencing one of the following:
- Permanent and severe loss of bladder and/or bowel function caused by an eligible neurological condition
- Permanent and severe loss of bladder and/or bowel function caused by another condition, provided the person has a Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card, whether as a primary cardholder or a dependant of a cardholder
- Permanent and severe loss of bladder and/or bowel function caused by another condition, provided the person has a Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) Pensioner Concession Card, whether as a primary cardholder or a dependant of a cardholder
How much is the CAPS payment?
CAPS clients receive up to $596.60 which will be indexed annually. You can choose one full payment in July, or two half payments in July and January each year.
Why choose Independence Australia?
For over 30 years, Independence Australia has been helping men and women manage incontinence discreetly and comfortably with the best in incontinence products:
- disposable adult pads
- children’s nappies
- reusable washable pants
- catheters and drainage accessories
- urinals and urinary drainage
- waterproof bedding, chair pads and absorbent mats
Our promise to you is:
- FREE samples on selected adult disposable continence pads
- exclusive product specials
- discreet packaging upon request
- over 8,000 continence products to choose from
- no minimum order required, purchase incontinence aids by the packet or carton
- wide range of health resources and articles from leading professionals
How to apply for CAPS
Click here to download CAPS Application form
Click here to download CAPS Funding Guidelines to assess your eligibility
Click here to download CAPS Transfer and Authority to Direct Payment
Once the form is complete you can email, fax or post it back to us.
Email – [email protected]
Fax – 1300 788 811
Free post – Independence Australia, Reply Paid 9910, Melbourne VIC 8060 (no stamp required)