Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

DVA Rehabilitation Appliances Program 

Rehabilitation Appliances Program (RAP) is an Australian Government program administered by the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA). It provides eligible DVA clients with aids, equipment and modifications to help clients live safely and independently.

Independence Australia is a contracted supplier of continence aids under this program and can supply the full range nationally.


You are eligible for DVA RAP assistance if you are a veteran, war widowed partner or dependent with an assessed clinical need and either a:

    • Veteran Gold Card
    • Veteran White Card and the equipment is for an accepted condition

How to apply if you are an eligible veteran ?

Visit an assessing health provider who may be a General Practitioners (GP), medical specialist such as a continence nurse or allied health professional to assess your clinical needs and help you work out which items will best meet your clinical needs.

Support provided

DVA RAP provides a range of medical aids, equipment and modifications (items) to improve your quality of life.

To view the RAP National Schedule of Equipment which lists the aids, equipment and modifications that are currently available click here

Or you can click here to view Independence Australia’s DVA RAP product catalogue.

How to order if you are an eligible veteran

Your first order from Independence Australia requires a prescription form to be completed by a GP or medical specialist such as a continence nurse. Your health professional will complete a DVA RAP Direct Order Form and fax, post or email it to Independence Australia.

 Once you are set up, re-ordering is easy. You can re-order the prescribed products directly from Independence Australia as clinically required. To submit your order, contact our Customer Service team via email [email protected] or fax 1300 788 811.

 Please note as the initial prescription is valid for up to two years, you will need to revisit your health professional for a new prescription every two years or if your product needs change.

How to order if you are a prescriber

Continence products listed under the relevant item code in the DVA RAP National Schedule of Equipment, may be prescribed by healthcare professionals. These include continence nurse advisors, registered nurses, general practitioners, urologists and, for some items, physiotherapists and occupational therapists.

 To place an order as a healthcare professional, please use either or both forms listed below:


How to Prescribe
How to Lodge an Initial Application

An initial prescription can be completed by submitting either of the two Direct Order Forms above via fax or email or through the Independence Australia RAP portal.

1. Independence Australia’s RAP portal

The portal is the fastest and most convenient option. It is quick and easy to prescribe products, and offers some extra benefits including the ability to:

    • prescribe products at your convenience, 24 hours a day
    • store all your RAP prescriptions centrally and securely
    • view current and previous prescriptions quickly and easily
    • download RAP continence resources directly from the portal to your computer, tablet or mobile device.

Click here to sign up or log in to the RAP portal.

2. RAP Prescription Pads & Direct Order Forms

Please submit your completed Direct Order Forms to Independence Australia via either of these options:

Email : [email protected]
Fax : 1300 788 811

Free Post- Independence Australia Reply Paid 9910 MELBOURNE VIC 8060 (Please note no stamp is required)