10 Great Products To Help You Live More Independently
Maintaining an independent and active lifestyle is very important at all stages of mobility and when learning to live independently. Here are some of our most popular products designed to assist you with tasks in everyday life.
When living independently, the ability to apply bath or beauty products is essential. With the Vitility lotion applicator you can easily rub your body with lotion, or wash with shower gel. Just fill the applicator head with lotion or shower gel and it’s ready to go.
- 19 rotating balls to massage your muscles while the lotion is spread over your body
- An extended handle to help you reach difficult places on your body
- Removable handle so your arms and legs can be massaged with more strength, without getting your hands greasy
- Suitable for anyone with limited arm or shoulder function
Protect your bandages while showering with Vitility Cast Bandage Protectors
- Available in different sizes / for protecting different limbs.
- Keeps casts and bandages dry while showering
- Elastic fastening creates water-tight seal
- Can be put on and taken off alone
- Designed for re-useability
When learning to live independently, the ability to put your shoes on or off without bending is useful. The length of the Vitility extended shoehorn means you don’t have to bend to put shoes on or off. Simply put the shoehorn between your heel and foot and use it to guide your foot out or into the shoe.
Pull a zipper up or down. The Vitility zipper pull ring fits any zipper and helps anyone with poor gripping ability to pull zippers more easily with a larger grip.
Kitchen / Eating Drinking Aids
Make less of a mess on your clothes at meal times. The Vitility bib is extra long to help protect your clothes and keep them clean while you’re eating. And if the bib does get dirty, it is washing machine safe to 95 degrees Celsius.
The HandSteady cup has helped many people in over 35 countries to restore their ability to drink with independence, dignity, confidence and joy.
- Increase comfort in your fingers, wrist and neck when drinking
- Rotable cup handle to stop spills and hold your cup steady despite tremor and reduced balance
- Tilts by pivoting. Get more control over the liquid flow by holding the cup by the handle close to your mouth, then pivoting it with your mouth, thumb, or other hand
- Keeps drinks hot and in your cup with a hidden lid
- Suitable for people with Parkinsons or other health conditions which limits dexterity and reduces balance.
It opens lids in all sizes! The Vitility non-slip opener is suitable for anyone with decreased hand dexterity. This flexible but firm rubber opener is comfortable to use and will help you open lids without using much strength.
Get every last bit out of a tube. The Vitility tube squeezer empties a tube with very little strength and reduces waste. Just place the slot of the squeezer around the end of a tube and slide it forward to release the content as you need it. With this aid you won’t need to squeeze a tube anymore. Great for toothpaste, lotion, glue, gel and much more.
Grab or hold an object that’s out of reach. The Vitility reacher helps you pick up objects from the floor or from a high cupboard without bending or stretching. Only a little strength is necessary to pick up an object. By pressing the handle, the reacher closes and clamps around the object. With the magnetic tip you can pick up little metal objects. It is also suitable for picking up light weight objects including remotes, tins, bottles and newspaper. Ideal for anyone experiencing difficulties with grabbing and holding objects because of weight issues, joint problems or back pain.
Exercise & Rehabilitation
Grab or hold difficult to hold items including razors, cutterly and pens. The Vitility foam grips can thicken any type of handle including toothbrushes, pencils and more. The Vitility foam grips make holding objects and keeping them in place easier.
Independence Australia stocks hundreds of daily living aid products to help people live more independent and enjoyable lives. To find out what other products are available, contact our customer service team on 1300 788 855.
Looking for more articles on mobility?
Check out our wide range of mobility and health content.
Lacerations & AbrasionsThe Skin The skin is the largest organ of the body, and it is the first line of defense against disease and any breach in skin integrity has the potential to develop an infection1. The skin has several important functions, it protects the...
Sharps injuries: Who is at risk and what to do? Sharps injuries, also called needlestick injuries, are those that occur when the skin is accidentally punctured by a used needle or a scalpel. These types of injuries are serious because of the potential for blood-borne...
Creating your own First Aid Kit A first aid kit is a must-have for every household. Injuries, both minor and major, can arise at any time. Being ready for some of the surprises that life can throw your way is essential, especially if you have children or elderly...